Job ID 6346
As an experienced Traffic Management Operative, you will be required to work on Traffic Management Schemes for a range of projects, helping them to run smoothly and efficiently to achieve maximum production in a working day, whilst maintaining a high Health and Safety standard.
This role requires flexibility due to the nature of the business. You must be able to work both days and nights, including some weekends as required. You must have a can do and responsible attitude to work.
We are looking for someone to:
- Oversee all methods of traffic management; Give and take, Priority, Stop/Go boards, Portable traffic signals, Convoy working, Road closures, Lane closures and diversions
- Carry out risk assessments and method statements on works involving traffic management
- Ensure that all activities associated with the job are carried out according to laid down procedures where possible
- Identify areas that can be improved and report to your line manager
- Ensure that daily vehicle checks are carried out – to ensure cleanliness and tidiness of vehicle and the safety of the driver and passenger
- Promote positive company image whilst at work (via wearing of company clothing, attitude, and site cleanliness)
- Demonstrate initiative by constantly looking to see where improvements can be made
- Assist the public, directing them through safe site lines when required
- Ascertain when management intervention is required
Experience and Qualifications
- Lantra 12d accreditation as a minimum TTMBC, 12d (M1, M2)
- Lantra 12 a/b accreditation, IPV driver, foreman advantageous
- Provide evidence that you understand the differences between Chapter 8 and the Safety at Street Works and Road Works (red book) and how these apply
- Full valid UK driving licence
- Be able to read and understand CAD drawings, in relation to the works required
- Preferable to have mechanical ability in relation to Traffic Lights
Go Traffic Management at a glance
We are an award-winning traffic management service with over 20 years’ experience in the field. We operate nationwide, catering to all kinds of events, projects, and works. Learn more about us:
- We are Go Traffic Management
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Our approach to Health, Safety & Wellbeing
- Latest – news
Be: SAFE – Go Traffic Management
Our Be: SAFE campaign actively encourages our workforce to work safely and avoid unsafe acts and conditions by following four basic rules.
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary based on experience along with a full benefits package.
Go Traffic Management is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
We are Armed Forces-friendly. We welcome applications from ex-Armed Forces personnel, reservists, armed forces veterans, cadet instructors and military spouses/partners.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent